There is an extreme shortage of teenage foster homes in the state of Texas. As a result, we are always seeking to add homes to our network. Additionally, there are great opportunities for those with previous foster experience to parent in one of our larger homes designed and purposed for housing 3-4 youth in foster care. We provide extensive support to our parents, with ongoing training, regular visits, respite and house sitters, and a team of transportation volunteers.
Much of what we do is supported through the efforts of volunteerism. In that we are still in our formative days, the volunteer needs are largely focused on the renovation of Oak Creek Place. We are, however, building a database of those desiring to serve now and in the future.
Present and Anticipated Opportunities
- Life-Skills Leaders
- Maintenance Team (periodic care of homes)
- Special Events Workers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Resident Transporters to Shuttle Residents
- Meal for a Home
- Weekend House Parents (Respite Care)
- Workday Volunteers (landscaping, painting, etc..)
- D61:3 Ambassador (area awareness/support)
- Wednesday Night Group Time Meal – Thrive
(Please note that volunteers serving in contact with our residents will be required to participate in a thorough interview process, a background check, and some level of training prior to serving.)